Genetic screening & counseling is the process of providing individuals and families with information on the nature, inheritance and implications of genetic disorders to help them make informed medical and personal decisions. We provide screening and counseling for couples who have babies with problems or a history of complicated pregnancies.
Our Genetic counselors are trained in clinical genetics and counseling and have extensive experience in providing information regarding various genetic disorders. Also, our doctors are trained in assisting individuals carrying a pregnancy affected by a birth defect as well as those at risk of a having a pregnancy with a birth defect or genetic disorder.
Our services include
- Comprehensive genetic counseling services
- Prenatal diagnosis of chromosomal, DNA and metabolic disorders
- Chromosome analysis
- Specialized tests including FISH for aneuploidy, micro-deletion syndromes and cancers
- DNA tests for single gene disorders
- Biochemical tests for inherited metabolic disorders (IEMs)