Bangalore Fetal Medicine is an institution specialising in performing all tests and screenings necessary for monitoring the condition of a developing fetus. Located in Richmond Road, Bangalore, the center has a well-qualified team of medical professionals who are experts in fetal medicine and screenings. The Center offers a whole range of services covering fetal scans and procedures, genetic services, gynecological scans and procedures. Apart from providing technical and medical assistance to their clients, the Bangalore Fetal Medicine Center also provides counselling and allied support facilities for prospective parents.
The team at the Bangalore Medical Center are experts at performing scans for pregnant women to gauge age and condition of the fetus and assess whether development is occurring correctly. This service is accompanied with personal counselling and detailed interactions with the doctors if the parents require this. Giving the best care to every unborn child throughout its development phase is what the ceter aims to provide and patients reviews vouch for the fact that individual attention is not compromised on, and the experts are committed, passionate and patient with their cases.
Apart from pregnancy scans, the centre offers other tests and procedures ie, intrauterine procedures- which include Amniocentesis, Chorionic Villous Sampling, Cord Blood Sampling. Specialised screening for the possibility of Down Syndrome by Combined NT with blood test, Cell free fetal DNA testing on maternal blood are performed to the highest standards as recommended by Fetal Medicine Foundation, UK.
In complicated pregnancies, as and when the situation calls for other interventional procedures, the specialists are well trained and equipped to perform intrauterine fetal blood transfusions, fetal shunt insertions, fetal reductions and fetoscopic and ultrasound guided laser procedures.
We specialise in
- Fetal therapy including Fetoscopic laser treatment for complicated twin pregnancies
- Early screening and diagnosis of fetal anomalies
- Prepregnancy counselling
- Parental counselling for fetal complications
- Highly specilaised fetal scans including 3D, 4D and Doppler scans
Fetal Medicine services
Bangalore Fetal Medicine Centre (BFMC) has established a high quality service in up to date Fetal medicine to provide expert diagnosis and management of complex cases. If either you or your unborn baby have existing or potential high-risk medical concerns, your obstetrician may refer you to us for a detailed evaluation and further management.
The centre is located in the heart of the city on Richmond Road, Bangalore on the 2nd floor of “Rich Homes” apartment complex. We have 3 ultrasound scan rooms, counselling rooms and a consultation.
We use high-end state-of-the-art ultrasound machines to be able to deliver best diagnostic services. We have a computerised database for reporting and archiving of patient details.
We provide a full range of prenatal diagnostic and therapeutic options and are very active in research, collaborating with a wide range of perinatal specialists and scientists across the world.
The centre has an excellent reputation for providing quality and compassionate care to women and babies with complex complications in pregnancy.
Genetics is the science of heredity and variation. We inherit traits from our parents – these basic units of inheritance are called genes. Sometimes, these ‘genes’ are not passed on in the proper brm which can lead to ‘genetic abnormalities’ in the individual. Although some couples are at higher risk than the others, any individual can be affected by a ‘genetic abnormality’. Our Geneticist offers counseling to such couples who are at ‘increased risk’ and helps in making diagnosis.
BFMC has established the first of its kind “Combined Fetal-Genetics Clinic” which has been running successfully for the last 9 years. This has benefited several parents not only in Bangalore but across India.
Education, Training and Research
BFMC has been training doctors in Fetal Medicine and Genetics as a subspeciality for the last 8 years. This has produced several competent Fetal Sonologists and Fetal medicine specialists who are practising in various cities and towns across the country. These doctors all follow the Fetal Medicine Foundation (FMF), UK guidelines and protocols and are certified and accredited by FMF for performing the scans and invasive procedures to the highest standards and safety of mother and unborn child.
Include thisin the home page:
Services Provided At Clinic
- Fetal ultrasound – Viability, NT, Anomaly, Growth/ Fetal Being Scans
- Fetal echocardiography
- First trimester ultrasound screening
- Counselling for pregnancy and fetal complications
- Invasive testing—amniocentesis, chorionic villus sampling, fetal blood sampling
- Intrauterine vascular/peritoneal transfusions
- Intrauterine shunting operations
- Fetoscopic and other minimally invasive fetal surgery
- Fetoscopic laser ablation for Twin Twin Transfusion Syndrome – 1st team in India to perform
- High risk obstetrical consultations
- Pre-pregnancy Counseling
- Combined Fetal-Genetics Clinic
- Non-invasive Cell Free Fetal DNA testing for chromosomal anomalies ( blood test)
- Serum Screening by UKNQAS accredited labs – Quadruple test
- Early pregnancy scan: < 10 weeks
- First trimester NT scan: 11+2 – 13+6 weeks
- Early anomaly scan: 16+0 – 17+6 weeks
- Detailed Anomaly scan: 18+0 – 25+6 weeks
- Advanced Fetal Echocardiography
- Fetal well being growth scan (Doppler included)
- Cervical assessment
- Fetal 3D & 4D scan: 26-34 weeks
- Scan for other indications
- Chorionic Villous Sampling
- Fetal Reduction
- Fetal Blood Sampling/Transfusion
- Fetal Shunt
- Fetal Therapeutic treatment for complicated multiple pregnancy(LASER/RFA/Cord coagulation)
- Any other invasive procedure
Blood Tests related to Fetal Medicine
- 1st trimester Double marker for Aneuploidies – BhCG & PAPP-S
- 1st trimester Triad for Aneuploidies, Preeclampsia & Neural Tube defects
- 2nd trimester Quadruple test
- Non-invasive cell free DNA(NIPT)
- 2nd or 3rd trimester screening for Preeclampsia – SFItPIGF ratio
- Parental Karyotyping
- Thalas semia screening
- Any other tests
- Family history of Genetic problem
- Fetus with possible Genetic Syndrome
- Gynaecology Scans
- Pelvic scan – 2D
- Pelvic scan – 3D
- Baseline scan – Infertility(including Doppler studies)
- Follicular monitoring scan(including Doppler studies)